This website comprises a selection of my non-fiction writing. I am at turns intrigued, troubled, and perplexed by the relationship of criticism to art, something which fits into my broader interest in how representations operate. My writing often works through these concerns by interrogating vision and trying to understand how bodies interact with space. I currently teach in the Faculté des Lettres at Sorbonne Université.
Qualifications / Awards
MA European Culture and Thought (University College London)
BA English Language and Literature (University of Oxford)
A Foyle Young Poet of the Year 2013
- Editor of art (“Eye”) section, Panoptica Magazine – 2016-2017
- Editor of Notes Oxford (fortnightly: visual art, fiction & non-fiction) – 2015-2017
- Editor-in-chief of Phaser Magazine (music & style) – 2014-2016
- Deputy Editor of Industry Magazine (fashion) – 2015-2016
- Culture Editor of The Tab Oxford (news journalism) – 2015
Selected academic publications
‘The Visible Aspect of Things: Towards a Synchronic Reading of Donald Barthelme’, European Journal of American Studies, volume 13, issue 2, Summer 2018. Available here.